Adonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adonia

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/

+6
Sauberbmw
stanislavsoltys
Agunter999
streylok17
Kurt
StillAlive
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:10 pm

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

Hello Adonians, are you ready to create our world?

Well... Let's begin, we shall begin with Adonia itself and then continue further, such as; Adonia's solar system and natural satellites as well as distribution of fauna and flora, and obviously, Adonian history.

Discussion of Section I of Adonia will begin, please comment below.

Adonia, also known as the World, ---, or ---, is the --- planet from the SOL, the densest planet in the SOL System, the --- of the SOL System's # terrestrial planets, and the only celestial body known to accommodate life. Adonia's biodiversity has evolved over hundreds of million years, expanding continually except when punctuated by mass extinctions. It is home to over eight million species. There are over # billion humans who depend upon its biosphere and minerals. Adonia's human population is divided among about # independent states that interact through diplomacy, conflict, travel, trade, and media.

According to evidence from sources such as radiometric dating, Adonia was formed around four and a half billion years ago. Within its first billion years, life appeared in its oceans and began to affect its atmosphere and surface, promoting the proliferation of aerobic as well as anaerobic organisms and causing the formation of the atmosphere's ozone layer. This layer and the geomagnetic field block the most life-threatening parts of the SOL's radiation, so life was able to flourish on land as well as in water. Since then, the combination of Adonia's distance from the SOL, its physical properties, and its geological history have allowed life to persist.

Adonia's lithosphere is divided into several rigid segments, or tectonic plates, that migrate across the surface over periods of many millions of years. # percent of Adonia's surface is covered with water, with the remainder consisting of continents and islands that together have many lakes and other sources of water that contribute to the hydrosphere. Adonia's poles are mostly covered with ice that includes the solid ice of the --- ice sheet and the sea ice of the polar ice packs. Adonia's interior remains active, with a solid iron inner core, a liquid outer core that generates the magnetic field, and a thick layer of relatively solid mantle.

Adonia gravitationally interacts with other objects in space, especially the SOL and the LUNA. During one orbit around the SOL, Adonia rotates about its own axis 366.# times, creating 365.# solar days, or one sidereal year. Adonia's axis of rotation is tilted 23.4° away from the perpendicular of its orbital plane, producing seasonal variations on the planet's surface with a period of one tropical year (365.# solar days). LUNA is Adonia's only natural satellite. It began orbiting Adonia about 4.53 billion years ago (bya). LUNA's gravitational interaction with Adonia stimulates ocean tides, stabilizes the axial tilt, and gradually slows the planet's rotation.

------

Sections will be divided in sub-sections following discussion and debate.

Any finished discussion about any topics can always be challenged and petitioned to be rewritten.

Last edited by agusnavarro11 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Kurt

Kurt

A few things I would like to suggest:

I would like to propose that Adonia be just a little bit smaller than Earth. I could also maybe propose there be 13 planets in the Solar System.

I would consider changing how many days of the year there are, but that would only make things complicated.

3Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:10 am

streylok17

I want to suggest something to :

First of all Agus you should name the galaxy in which Adonia is present and i found some suitable names for the part Adonia is also know as the part La Terra (Catalan),Tellus(latin),Bumi(indonesian),Duniya(Hindi), Dünya(Turkish).

4Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:53 pm

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

streylok17 wrote:I want to suggest something to :

First of all Agus you should name the galaxy in which Adonia is present and i found some suitable names for the part Adonia is also know as the part La Terra (Catalan),Tellus(latin),Bumi(indonesian),Duniya(Hindi), Dünya(Turkish).

I left the other names blank because we do not know the major languages of Adonia yet nor the history, because of such we should not discuss the names for Adonia yet.

5Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:24 pm

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

Adonia Pixels: 46,518,292
Adonia Land Pixels: 15,786,540
Adonia Water Pixels: 30,731,752

Adonia Area: 509,677,135 km² (196,787,390 mi²)
Adonia Land Mass: 172,965,045.07 km²   (34%)
Adonia Water Mass: 336,712,089.52 km² (66%)

Adonia KM2 per Square: 10.95648857 km² per pixel
Adonia KM per Point: 5.478244285 km per point

Last edited by agusnavarro11 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:02 am; edited 6 times in total

6Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Kurt

Kurt

I agree to that math. Wink

7Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Agunter999

Agunter999

We should have a very different solar system. I also suggest making Adonia less dense than earth, (the other option would be more dense which would change a whole lot of other things)

8Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:41 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys

I feel Adonia should have the same density and size as Earth. Just my opinion.

Otherwise, I agree the SOL system should have more planets and perhaps change the specifications of the host star? Maybe a blue star? Just some ideas.

9Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Agunter999

Agunter999

I think we should keep the star the same as we would be changinging things like radiation and whatnot. Why aren't experts on the matter. The number of planets can change though

10Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am

streylok17

I totally agree with agunter it would just complicate thing.

11Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:58 pm

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

Come on people, let's get some more discussion on here please!

12Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:44 am

Agunter999

Agunter999

We need Juls' maps as pretty much everything relies on climate and the natural landscape.

13Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 am

Kurt

Kurt

Until more information is established thanks to the map not a lot can be discussed.

14Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:37 pm

streylok17

Well there's not a lot can be discussed until Juls gets the map done. Well to start a discussion what kind of Economic system should the Adonia follow like you know what i am talking about

15Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

I don't really think we need to see the maps to figure out what kind of solar system Adonia is in...

16Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:03 am

Kurt

Kurt

I thought that was already discussed or ideas at least proposed. I agree with more planets in the solar system but the same kind of sun.

17Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:43 am

Agunter999

Agunter999

We said we would have to keep things pretty much the same to prevent physics unrealism

18Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:09 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys

Agunter has a point. Planets basically have come to work in harmony with each other. We'd need to delve into a lot of physics stuff to be able to figure out exact orbits/sizes/moons etc.

19Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:29 am

Sauberbmw

I can create the solar system if needed. I have a program that mostly is accurate to simulating physics of heavenly bodies. Just need some info on how big you want the star, and adonia

20Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:48 am

Kurt

Kurt

We should continue working toward development of Adonia.
Sauber: What program do you use if I can ask?

21Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Agunter999

Agunter999

So right what do we need to set up and let's just make it

22Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Agunter999

Agunter999

Right lest get things to a moving status again lets just name our continents, we want something Greek yet with a Germanic twist.

23Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Juls

Juls
Admin

I got the names.

Kaftia (from Greek καυτό/kafto meaning "hot"; etymology of 'Africa' comes from Greek aphrike/αφρίκη which means "without cold")

Illypnia (from Greek sun + sleep a.k.a. sunset a.k.a. western lands)

Fosia (from Greek light a.k.a. sunrise a.k.a. eastern lands)

Ulina (from Cherokee ulinawi/ᎤᎵᎾᏫ meaning turtle; many tribes called the continent Turtle Island lel) or Makinaak (from Ojibwe word for turtle)

Antinotia (from Greek antinotia/αντινότια meaning "opposite to the south"; etymology of 'Antarctica' comes from Greek antarktikos/ανταρκτικός, from anti (αντί) + arktikos (αρκτικός) "Arctic". Literally "opposite to the Arctic (opposite to the North)".

For the two/one northwestern continent(s) idk

24Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 am

streylok17

I was thinking why not have Adonia in the same solar system rather than creating new planets which would just further lead to delays we can simply take the position of Earth. And,rest of the planets remain same.

25Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Empty Re: Adonia | Information /DISCUSSION/ Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:53 am

Agunter999

Agunter999

I'd say those sound good, I do preference ulina over the other

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum